home About Latest Notification 2017 Exams 2017 Govt Jobs Exams 2017 Results Updates 2017 Admission Alerts 2017-18 Entrance Exam Syllabus Punjabi Language Exam Dates 2017 Learn Punjabi Gk MCQ Gk Mock Quizzes Punjabi Typing Some Prev Paper Mock Tests Today Gk Current Affairs Punjab Exam / Job Alert
Gk for Punjab & Other Govt Exams 2017-18 Self-PreparationsToday Gk Points - 20/08/2017
BSNL launched digital wallet powered by MobiKwik.
Full form of BSNL - Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
ICICI Bank cuts interest rate on savings account by 0.5% on deposits below Rs. 50 lakh.
Eurasia Bulgarian Open - Indian shuttler Lakshya Sen won men's singles title.
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) to issue a new Rs. 50 currency note soon.
Vishal Sikka resigned as MD & CEO of Infosys.
U B Pravin Rao appointed as interim MD & CEO of Infosys.
Comio launches its budget friendly android smartphones C1, S1, P1 in India.
Recently , Karur Vysya Bank inaugurates Aadhar Enrolment Centre at its branch in Chennai.
Uber appointed Brooks Entwistle as chief business officer, Asia Pacific region.
- Emma Stone tops Forbes' World's Highest-Paid Actresses list.
Quick & Most Imp. Punjab Gk Points -
- The total number of Districts are 22
- The total number of Divisions is 05
- The total number of Tehsils are 81
- The total number of Sub-Tehsils are 86
- The total number of Blocks are 145
- The total number of Towns (Census 2011) are 143
- The Sex Ratio (Female per 1000 males)
(i)Lowest (Rupnagar) 813
(ii)Highest (Hoshiarpur) 962
- The total number of Inhabited Villages (Census 2011) are 12581
- The total number of Cities (Census 2011) are 74
- The total number of Zila Parishads are 20
- The total number of Municipal Committees are 139
- The total number of Improvement Trusts are 23
- The District with lowest Population Barnala 2.78 Lakh
- The total number of District with Highest Population are Ludhiana 16.21 Lakh
- The Population Density is 550 Per sq. km (550 persons per sq.km)
- The Lowest Density Population ( Mansa ) Per sq. km. 348
- The Highest Density Population ( Ludhiana ) Per sq. km. 975
- Punjab constitutes 2.29% of total population of India.
- The Overall Literacy rate in Punjab is 76.68 %
- The Total Area of the state is 50,362 square kilometers.
- Dr. Gopi Chand Bhargava was the first Chief Minister of Punjab
- Parkash Singh Badal is Punjab CM for record 5th time
- Chandigarh is the Capital of Punjab
- Rajinder Kaur Bhattal is the first and only lady CM of Punjab
- The only Stock Exchange of Punjab is located in Ludhiana
- The Khanna City known as largest grain market of Asia
- Ludhiana is the main industrial hub of Punjab, also known as the Manchester of India
- Prof. Kaptan Singh Solanki is the 34th Governor of Punjab
- There are total 117 seats in Punjab Vidhan Sabha
- The Punjab Vidhan Sabha also known as Punjab Legislative Assembly, Punjab Assembly
- Sukhbir Singh Badal is Deputy Chief Minister of Punjab
- Ferozepur is the biggest district of Punjab state
- Fatehgarh Sahib is the smallest District in Punjab
- Sr. Gurdial Singh is first Punjabi novelist to get Jnanpith Award
- Chandu Lal Trivedi was the first Governor of Punjab
- Master Tara Singh , is known as pioneer of Punjabi Suba
- Sapta Sindhu is old name of Punjab
- There are four (04) Border States of Punjab
- There are Seven (07) Rajya sabha Seats in Punjab
- Maharaja Ranjit Singh was the first Sikh Ruler of Punjab
- The Shape of the Punjab State is Triangular
- Punjab Situated is in North West of India
- The largest Railway Junction in Asia is Bathinda , Punjab
- Shisham is State Tree of Punjab
- The State Bird of Punjab is Baz
- Patiala is known as ‘City of Garden’ of Punjab
- The Punjab state has 13 Lok Sabha seats in Punjab
- Gurdaspur, Amritsar, Khadoor Sahib, Jalandhar, Hoshiarpur, Anandpur Sahib, Ludhiana, Fatehgarh Sahib, Faridkot, Ferozpur, Bhatinda, Sangrur and Patiala